Todays' topic: Miss Minnesota 2011's favorite products
For a finishing touch on the day of the pageant, I like to use Sally Hanson Airbrush Legs, which can be found at Target. This product CHANGED MY LIFE! Seriously, Sally deserves that Miss Minnesota Quality of Life Award, because my life has been improved! I LOVE this stuff! It is makeup for your legs! Not only does it make your skin look flawless, but your legs also end up feeling silky smooth.
1) Be sure to test the product BEFORE you get to pageant week! The last thing you want is to find out it makes you orange or gives you some strange rash while you are trying to enjoy your experience competing at Miss Minnesota.
2) When applying your tan, be careful around your face and rough areas like knees, knuckles and elbows. Also use tanning products sparingly around your feet and hands.
Other helpful notes about swimsuit:
1. Practice wearing your swimsuit. If you aren't comfortable walking around your house in your swimsuit, you won't be comfortable walking on a stage, under bright lights, in front of an audience in your swimsuit.
2. Break in your heels now! Blisters during pageant week are no fun!
My favorite place to get makeup is Smashbox. There is a Smashbox location at the Southdale Mall Macy's in Edina--Ask for Mischa! Once I started using Smashbox primer, concealer and foundation (the products that come closest to the skin), my skin improved dramatically. I highly recommend Smashbox make up, especially for stage.
Click the images below to be directed to www.amway.com/NatalieDavis, where you can purchase my favorite products. I know you'll love them too!
The ARTISTRY® essentials Colour Quad is all you need for daytime eye shadow. It is a beautiful, natural-looking palette that enhances your eyes without it looking like you are wearing a ton of makeup, which is easy to do when you are a pageant girl. It is compact and so convenient to toss into your make up bag when you are on-the-run as Miss Minnesota.
Cool things about this product:
1) The applicator wand has LED lights in it that turn on as soon as you untwist the cap.
2) The lights, along with the built-in mirror allow you to literally put your lip gloss on in the dark! That, plus it's a great emergency flashlight! (See the photo below of my mom using it to read something in the dark. Isn't Mama Cory cute?)
3) You feel a cool, minty sensation every time you put it on. Very refreshing!
4) It comes in 5 versatile colors!
YOU WANT THIS LIPGLOSS!
Your make up won't look good unless you also take good care of your skin. Now, I know this sounds silly, but I feel SO OLD being 22. I've graduated from college, I'm "aging out" of Miss Minnesota, I'm starting to get crinkles on my forehead... For some reason, good skin care was never emphasized to me until very recently...after I turned 22...after I started to get the crinkles.
Okay, I'm joking about the obsession with crinkles...but in all seriousness: skincare is important! The ARTISTRY® Essentials Skin Care System is a great skin care system for beginners, like moi. I use the Hydrating Cleanser, Toner and Lotion every night. I also recently fell in love with the ARTISTRY® TIME DEFIANCE® Lifting Eye Créme, which I use religiously to ward off the crinkles! ;) Click the images to read more about each product.
Admittedly, I am terrible about remembering to take all my vitamins. The NUTRILITE® Women's Pack makes it easy. Just one little on-the-go packet provides everything your body needs – calcium for your bones, omega 3s for your brain and heart, a little something to keep your hair, skin, and nails beautiful, and a daily multivitamin with 24 vitamins and minerals. When you are traveling all over as Miss Minnesota, you have to remember that your health comes first! If you are not healthy and energized, you can't get the job done!
Anyone else have a hard time focusing during their work outs, especially when there is SO much going on? My To Do list taunts me during my work outs. I tried Rhodiola for the first time recently and it made a huge difference! The supplement is Arctic herb rhodiola rosea and caffeine naturally sourced from green tea. It gave me the energy, endurance, and focus of an athlete for better workouts.
Okay, Miss Minnesota get's tired. Lots of driving, lots of early mornings, BUT she also needs to stay fit and healthy.
Bad news for me regarding energy drinks I like:
Chai tea latte: 250 calories
Full Throttle Energy Drink: 220 calories
Caribou Coffee Mint Condition Mocha: 580 calories
But wait, there's good news!:
XS® Energy Drink: 12 CALORIES!!! TWELVE!!! You have GOT to be kidding me! So exciting! I can stay awake on my long drive starting at 5am AND avoid suffering my nutrition! My favorite flavor is Cranberry Grape Blast. :)
If you are like me and you don't build muscle easily, you need to up your protein intake after work outs! After workouts, I mix Syntha-6 chocolate protein powder in half a bottle of water and I feel like I am drinking creamy, rich chocolate milk! It is so good! I got my Syntha-6 from Jason Young at Youngquest Fitness.
Miss Minnesota will be crowned in 3 weeks! Tick tock! Who will it be? Buy your tickets to the Miss Minnesota competition now at www.missminnesota.org!